Stitches from my Studio

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Room of my own

As any mother of three young children would know this is big news. My 6yr old agreed that I could 'share' her room to set up a studio as she prefers to sleep with her brother in the bunk beds anyway. So we moved her things out and in with the baby and now I have a room.
Herself an artist, she says we can be like twins and she can have a chair and sit beside me and make her art. I am already thinking of some projects I would like to do using her art so its fine by me. Actually, since I have set up my studio I often find 1, 2 or 3 little ones at my feet. Unless they are asleep or not here there is no escaping. Still, it doesn't take away from the joy of having somewhere where all of my stuff is and a table I don't have to pack up.
I have been binding books all week using some beautiful Japanese papers. It has been a while for me but its amazing what your hands remember and now that I have started working how many creative ideas are coming to me.
Now I still need to learn how to make my blog work, put photos up etc. The fairies that come to my house to clean, cook, make lunches and do laundry are all called "ME" so its challenging to find the time. Speaking of which.....must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment